Yesterday was Maddi's first day back to preschool. I say "Back" because he did go to Miss Jennifer last year. After much discussion with Miss Jen and Eric and I we chose to keep Maddux out of Kindergarten one more year. He has an August birthday so we are really hoping that we made the right choice. I always hear of people that "wish they would have kept their kids back," but have never heard anyone say they "wish they wouldn't have." So we will see... He was so excited to go. He woke up with Mick at 7:15 and was ready. I told him to take a quick shower and I am pretty sure it was under a minute! He said, "Was that quick or what dude?"
Here is Maddux when I dropped him off
Here he is walking in the door (I know I am a dork!!!)
After I picked him up we followed tradition and headed over to Sonic. As we got closer Maddux decided to change tradition (WHAT????) and asked if we could go to Smart Cookie instead!!! He is a man of my own heart... so we went and sat down and had our Frozen Hot Chocolate (HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!) and cookie and discussed preschool. Unfortunately there wasn't much to hear. Not like the older kids anyway! Anyway, we will repeat that same routine today with McGwire as he heads off to school for his first day! I am sure you will be hearing from us soon!








6 comments:
What a cute kid!! Broc truly does want a brother just like him. What a fun tradition to do with your kids and while I do love Sonic-- I think Smart Cookie was a great idea. (I'll have to try that frozen hot chocolate it sounds delicious)
what a stud!!!
I'm so glad you went to Smart Cookie....'cause I probably wouldn't have been the recipient of those YUMMY treats last night, huh?? :o) Good choice, Maddux!! I'm glad he had fun yesterday. Jaxon did, too. I thought it was so cute how he told me he and Maddog shared, took turns, and didn't even fight. :o) Gotta love it!! The little boys were the funniest today.... They didn't even care a tiny bit that we were leaving them. :o( Oh well, it's a good thing. They were happy. :o)
Hey....I posted some cute pics of Murphy on my blog. You'll have to go see. :o)
You know before you are ready for it you will have them all in school and then you will celebrate. You remind me of Jamie Jensen. She said that on the first day of school at Cleveland Elementary she witnessed several mothers crying because their children had gone to kindergarten. She said it was just yesterday that Madison was going and how hard it was. Madison left for SUU and reality has now set in. Time goes by so fast. You didn't make a mistake by holding him back. I wish we would have held Les back and Nicholas back before third grade. So you have done well. By the way have I told you how much I love your posts and look forward to reading them.
Coach Madsen...cute family. I like all the kids names. I also have a Maddux who is 4 1/2. That is kind of funny. Good to see that you are doing well. Ted
Post a Comment