"Love your little ones--even the ones that drive you crazy. If you could see them the way God sees them -- you would be astounded at their glory."

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Girls Week Out!!

So prepare yourself for a few pictures. Macee and I spent 3 days down in Vegas last week and I must say... it was so awesome to just hang out with my princess... is she getting too old for me to call her that? Anywho... she did conventions all day as I had mentioned and I, of course, was going to work out.... that would be until I went down to the gym and they wanted to charge me $15 to use their stinkin equipment.... Um.... no thanks!!!! I have never been to a hotel where they charged for their spa! Oh well.... Everything costs in Vegas right? So.... instead I was lazy and layed by the pool which was absolutely fabulous and much needed!
The first night we were there the girls competed! It was a clean sweep for Hot Shots. Macee was in 3 dances which all took 1st place and then the team also took 2 best of shows. This is pretty fabulous and we were all so excited for the girls. Macee had a little bit of a tough time, or shall I say breakdown, after we were finished that night and it was the first time I realized how much she would miss dance. So the next night, we hit the town! We walked the strip.... the entire strip.... and then took a cab back! I took a bizillion pics but here are a few...

Macee on the strip... BTW - it's been awhile since I have been to Vegas and I was appalled at the people trying to hand Macee cards with boobs on them.... I mean... seriously... I actually layed in to one guy about her age... she's a girl... it was ridiculous!
This one is for her brothers. They think she is so cool!

And of course Mr. M & M guy!

Okay.... so as I said... everything was rather costly at the hotel... a sandwich... $9 a breakfast sandwich.... $9 bottled water.... $4 any type of soda or juice.... $4! But the greatest thing is our hotel actually connected to Margaritaville and we feel like we hit the jackpot.... now don't be too jealous Carrie because I know how you LOVE Nachos... these were THE BEST!!!

Obviously a little large in size and between the 2 of us we didn't even make it 1/2 way through but we sure had fun trying! They were fabulous! Macee was amazed at how big they were! And the best part.... $10 and it fed both of us!

I know... nice red eyes... I just thought she was a super cute girl!

I wanted to take this picture and try and get our view in the background. We were on the 15th floor and the pools were gorgeous. We stayed at the Flamingo and although the hotel was a little run down and their customer service stunk... I will say the habitat there was pretty cool! Macee loved going out and looking at the pink flamingos. And they had the coolest slides at the hotel!

So funny story.... I was so excited when this top still fit Macee. Her team did a number a couple years ago and wore this top! Well.... clever me decided to be festive for the 24th of July and get Macee all duded up in her red, white and blue. Um... did I forget we were in Vegas and I am sure every other dance girl outside the state of Utah thought I was crazy! I still think she looks hot! And look at her blowing the camera kisses... she is not lacking in confidence!
I am so glad we were able to just hang out the 2 of us. The ride was awesome just visiting with Macee and it was something I think we both needed. Having a large family is the best but we struggle with one on one time!
And I do have to say thanks to my hubby who held the fort down while I was gone. Not only did I come home to a clean house but he carted the boys from Heber City down to Salem for 4 baseball games on Thursday and Friday. I was worried but he told all the ladies on the team how easy it was!!! Which makes me believe Macee and I should have an annual girls week out!
We met each other at Cleveland late Friday night and enjoyed the Cleveland Days celebration! It was so great to get back home even if only for a day or 2! We had an Oveson Family get together while we were down and it was so fabulous to see everyone and their ever so growing families. Cyrena and I were commenting how nice it is that we all have blogs so we can somewhat keep up on each other! We head to Idaho for a Callister family reunion this weekend! Good Times!
You thought you were done right.... nope... one more cute picture of Macee and her girls!


7 comments:

Traci said...

She is gorgeous!!! I am so glad you guys got to go. It is always fun to be one on one with Mom and those are the special times she will remember.

griffin gossip said...

We love going to tremain. We didn't this year. How fun for you two to go together! I wish I got to chat with you at the 24th. karen

carrie said...

I loved reading about your trip w/Macee and seeing all the cute photos. I would call her your princess forever, if I were you. :o) I love her, too....so I will always think of her that way. It's so amazing to me how stinking CUTE she is...and talented...and so NOT bratty about it. She is just as sweet as she is adorable. I'm glad you guys had fun. I would have DIED over those nachos. I swear, as crazy as it sounds... Nachos might be my favorite food. ha ha $10 for that whole plate? I would have chowed right down and eaten it myself. ;o) YUM... I have to tell you, I was impressed w/Eric at the tournament. He was doing just fine...and all the kids were happy and cute. We loved seeing them. I think you and Macee should definitely plan an annual girls trip. It's good for you guys. I think it's awesome how great she did w/her friends in the competition. I'm glad she was rewarded for her efforts, too. She deserves it. :o) I'm glad she's going to be able to do what she loves and is so good at. xoxo P.S. Was she SO thrilled to get her cute little shorts back?? :o)

~Rachel said...

Such a fun trip!! And the dance pictures make me want Lily to be in dance soooo much!! Glad you all had such a great time and glad the house was still standing when you got home! :-)

Summers said...

I love Macee! She is so cute! I am glad you guys had a fun time!!

melanie h said...

What a fun trip for you and Macee. You really did deserve a relaxing trip and I'm glad you got it. Macee is so cute in all of her dance pictures. -- Eric seemed to do great at the baseball games. It was a good tournament to miss since it was not our best showing but Shalece did get some great pictures.

Anonymous said...

sexwith any of them little girls would be a pleasure