"Love your little ones--even the ones that drive you crazy. If you could see them the way God sees them -- you would be astounded at their glory."

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy First Week of School!!!

So I am a few days late but here is a couple pics of the kids on the first day. I didn't have the battery power to take the time to do anything cute because I think I left my battery charger in California and we were very creative in trying to get these 2 pics!! Boy how the years have changed. A few years ago I would spend so much time on Macee's hair and make the kids change a few times for the first day of school but.... they have really gotten easy. Macee prefers a single ponytail (had to fight her to wear her hair down) and Mick would go in his Nike athletic shorts every day!

I have come to the conclusion that it's ok!!! If you can believe it.... I didn't even go school clothes shopping this year. I went through closets about a month ago trying to get rid of stuff to sell the house and realized at the time that neither of them needed anything (except to donate 1/2 their attire). They could have cared less so... the back to school transition was very easy for us.


It's a little tradition for me to pick up the kids on the first day of school and take them for a drink (to Sonic happy hour of course) and talk about their day. They both LOVED their teachers. Mick got Miss Waite who we have known because she is in our Ward. I was thrilled and he thinks she is the coolest. Macee got a new teacher, Miss Knudsen, who is just a young thing. I swear she looks 18! But she is cute and I know Mace will do really well with her. They both had friends in their class so they are super excited for the year to start.

The little boys will start preschool in a couple weeks.....

2 comments:

Sara said...

Ok on the 2nd post...I can't even imagine reading any of those today (or anyday for the next little while) but I do agree we do take advantage of things sometimes. We all could use the lesson to slow down and enjoy life a little more.

The kids look adorable for their 1st day! I can't believe you got out of school clothes shopping, LUCKY YOU!!!!!

carrie said...

I didn't take my kids school shopping this year, either....for the same reasons you gave. Plus, it's still so hot....so I'll just buy them some new jeans and stuff when it gets colder. They just don't NEED anything right now. Your kids look cute always!! Macee is adorable, no matter what she wears. You know I just think she is a DOLL. Matthew got all excited 'cause a pair of Nike shorts came in the mail for him yesterday....and he says "they're just like Mick's!!". He, of course, wore them today. :o) I'm glad the little boys have some time before school starts. This summer is just going by way too fast for me..... I wish Matthew wouldn't have gone back to school for another few weeks. Oh well, I'll stop complaining. :o)